Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Important dates...

We were in court on Thursday February 3rd. There is a status/motions hearing for April 11th. Angela Marinucci's trial is scheduled to start on May 2nd. We'll see if the date holds; hopefully her lawyers won't try to delay anything.

I have to say something about the judge. I've had thoughts and feelings about her since the beginning. I like Rita Hathaway. I can't say exactly why, but she reminds me of someone I must have known. I guess maybe it's her strong character. She's a tiny woman, yet has a presense about her. She refuses to tolerate nonsense in the courtroom. She may be the "stuff" that women I respect are made of. She appears to be a woman of values and it comforts me. And honestly, not much has comforted me lately. I look forward to this all being finished someday. I look forward to having a conversation with her.

2 comments:

  1. Just dropping by to say that I'm so sorry for what these people did to Jennifer, and that you have to endure the trials and relive your loss.

    I only just heard about what happened to your sister (I don't watch much TV, and I don't live in the area), and I am sickened that anyone could do this to another human being.

    Thank you for putting your thoughts into this blog and, really, putting yourself out there. I think in the aftermath, so much attention is focused on the single event and not the person's (victim's) life before it, and attention given to the perpetrators and not the survivors.

    Bless you, and your family, and dear Jennifer.

    Bonnie (from Indiana)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all of these people pay and burn for this. It's absolutely disgusting. I hear this and I truly wanna get ten minutes alone with each of them myslef. Being a professional MMA fighter I'm sure I can inflict plenty of pain in the amount of time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sincerely, Tim(Indiana)

    ReplyDelete