Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pre-trial motions and Birthdays on my mind...

It's already October and the time is passing quickly. We have motions hearings coming up at the end of the month. The judge has set aside three days for all six sets of lawyers to be prepared. The days are October 29, November 1 and November 2. Jenn's birthday will be on November 8th and about now she would have given me a list of the things she would want. It's hard to celebrate the birthdays that we have. She died right after Lance's birthday. I don't remember if she got him a gift or not. I know she asked me 800 times what he would like, but I just don't remember. My birthday was in March. We had the spaghetti dinner on my birthday. There was no celebration that day, no gifts or balloons. There was a cake but it just didn't feel right. Breanne's birthday was in April. She wanted to invite Jenn to her party, but I had to break her heart that Jenn was in heaven. August was Bob's birthday. I made sure to give him a great gift this year. It was an original Donald Duck lithograph. Moms was in September. I had a suprise party for her. She said she has never had a party before. I took her to see Phantom of the Opera also and it was amazing. October is going to be Bailey's birthday and she has already asked why Jenn can't come to her party. She's going to be five and just can't understand. I hope I can make her day just as special as it should be. I know mine wasn't.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing sister and person. I cannot imagine having the courage to make such positive changes such as Jennifer's Law out of such a personal tragedy. I have been following this case, and I have such deep admiration for your family. Jennifer will never be forgotten, and will continue to help others in her death as she did in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rotten that you're going through this and even having to explain this to your girls...
    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete