Sunday, April 17, 2011

National Crime Victims Week...

Friday night was spent honoring the victims of crime. I wouldn't say it was fun, but it was great to see some family and friends. While my mother was there to honor my sister and uncle, I honored my friend Mark Van Horn. He was murdered on Jan. 15, 2007 outside of a club where he worked. The men that killed him also murdered his shipmate Michael Porter. One man was sentenced to 93 years and the other was sentenced to 54 years. Mark was such a great guy. The first year after a bad relationship break-up, he took me out for valentine's day. We were just friends but he didn't want me to be alone. We would have dance contests and play video games. He was fun, kind, loving, hilarious and the kind of person you'd be lucky to have as a friend. I miss his (always) bright red cheeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment