Monday, May 2, 2011

Jury selection...

Jury selection starts today. It's been a long road to get to this point. It's hard to believe that it has been almost 15 months since Jenny was murdered. I hope that an impartial jury can be formed this week. It's time for some closure. I never realzied how exhausting the act of just waiting is. I'm not sure of what to expect of the process. I don't expect to feel like justice has been served, because I truly don't know if I'll ever feel that it can be. Death penalty, life sentence or lesser sentence just feels so foreign to me. I wonder about the other six families. I hope they are well. I feel for them and I pray for them also. I can't imagine being on that side of this mess is any easier.

I miss her so much everday. We should be making Mother's Day plans about going somewhere for lunch or dinner and deciding what to get for our mom.

There will not be anymore interviews or comments until after the trial is completed. My family and I deeply appreciate the love and support we have received.

4 comments:

  1. No words can express my Sorrow. Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find the words to express my sorrow for your family, I lost my dad died in June of 2007 and I still miss him more than ever. I pray for your family everytime I see her face smiling on the tv. I hope the trial is quick and painless and I hope those monsters all go to prison for a long time. God bless you all. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never felt a hug and a smile mean so much,as it did at the end of Angela Marinuccis trial,when Jennifers mom and stepfather hugged me,after the verdict was read.Jennifer seemed like such a friendly easy going young lady.Made friends with everyone she met.My deepest sympathy goes to her family,and friends.juror #

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you juror. Our family appreciates your participation in seeking justice for Jenny.

    Joy Burkholder

    ReplyDelete